* Free to watch: a number of channels can be watched for free on the Livestation website or on their desktop player, a freely downloadable video application that presents all the channels through one interface.
* Premium service: some of the free channels are also available on a subscription basis both in higher quality (800kbit/s) and in lower (256kbit/s) delivered via an international content distribution network for higher reliability. Some channels due to join the plaftform shortly will ONLY be available on a subscription basis.
* Mobile: Livestation has launched BBC World News on the iPhone in 16 European countries and Al Jazeera English globally. The apps are available in the iPhone AppStore and stream the live TV channel 24/7 on both Wi-Fi and 3G connections.
The software is currently available for Windows, Mac (including PowerPC) and Linux. The cross-platform compatibility is facilitated by the Qt framework.
Social networking features have been added that include the ability to chat with other viewers and also find out what others are watching through a user generated rating system. You can search and select the available channels either from the website, or from within the software.
Poti sa folosesti ppa-ul lui v3n3rix.
Linux Mint 12 KDE is available for download!
Full DVD version: 32-bit or 64-bit
Visit the new Linux Mint Community Blog and subscribe via RSS!
Use Istanbul, a desktop session recorder for the Free Desktop that records your session into an Ogg Theora video file. Try FFmpeg, a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. Use the command:
Another software is Kazam, a brand new screencasting application for Linux which records both the audio and video in an .mkv format and you can either save it to your computer or directly upload it to YouTube or VideoBin (more websites are expected to be added soon).
Additional new features in the Cinnamon 1.2 desktop environment: desktop effects, desktop layouts, easier themes customization, applets, improved main menu, Muffin window manager, newly open windows are focused by default, the overview was replaced by a desktop Scale plugin, and many bug fixes.
The guide about installing KDE 4.8 on Linux Mint 12 is posted on the Linux Droid website.
Looking for someone dedicated to take over the Revamp Linux project. The idea is simple, to make an all in OS (remastered based on Ubuntu) so that new users will not freak out when they use Linux. Revamp has already joined the Open Invention Network and will be listed on Distrowatch soon. So please, if anyone out there is interested in taking over this project, contact Revamp Linux to discuss the taking over procedure. The project may be closed completely by 23rd of March 2012.
There are countless useful resources on Linux gaming! Here is a selection of Linux Gaming Resources.
The most popular games for Linux can be found on Penguspy.
Linux Mint 12 is now available for download!
CD version without multimedia codecs: 32-bit or 64-bit
Full DVD version: 32-bit or 64-bit
The known issues of the Linux Mint 12 stable release can be found or reported on the Linux Mint Launchpad.
Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" with the KDE desktop is now available for download!
Download and test the DVD version: 32-bit or 64-bit
To install Linux Deepin Software Center in Linux Mint open the Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following command in the Terminal:
sudo apt-get install aria2
Next, download the Linux Deepin Software Center from one of the following links: GitHub or UbuntuOne (size 18.6 MB)
Extract the files from the downloaded archive in your "Home Folder" and go to the extracted folder and open "src" folder. Finally, open the "main" file and click on "Run".
Learn how to make an avatar for a forum and for the new Linux Mint Romania website.
Will it work?
I do not know, time and users will show.
I guess the new GNOME does not have the best since like mushrooms arise the "forks", new projects (Mate, MGSE, extensions, etc.) who want to somehow domesticate the appearance of GNOME 3.
As you can see the effect of configuration options of GNOME Shell come here simply for users and developers side.
MUSIC: Paul Mottram - Mystical Kingdom
2012 is what you make of it!
LINUX - Choice of GNU Generation
Another video showing Linux Mint 12 with Cinnamon, a fork of GNOME 3.
Pantheon Shell is a modular, Desktop Environment-independent desktop shell that consists of:
Unlike GNOME Shell or Unity, it's not monolithic "all-or-none" kind of thing. You can use some components from it while not using the others, or replace some of them with apps that suit you better.
1- Descargamos Radit para GNU/Linux, automatizador para emisoras de radio.
2- Descomprimir el zip.
3- Abrimos un terminal y escribimos:
4- Ejecutamos Radit.
Minimum Requirements: Processor 700 MHz, RAM Memory 384 MiB, Hard Drive free space 5 GB, Monitor Resolution 1024×768
How to setup Linux Mint 12 Lisa?
Just install and use: Compiz window manager, Compiz setting manager, Nautilus extensions, Conky, Conky Colors, Cairo Dock, Audacious, VLC, Caffine indicator, Impulse screenlet, XBMC, GIMP, Chromium browser, GNOME Pie, WINE.
Ultimate Edition 3.0 is based on Linux Mint 11 (Katya) and is built on top of the GNOME 2.32.1 desktop interface, with Compiz Fusion and Beryl powered breathtaking eye-candy effects.
It is distributed as a Live DVD ISO image for the 32-bit architecture only and includes all current updates from the software repositories (Getdeb, Linux Mint and Ubuntu). Additional software such as Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader and Google Earth among others can be added using an integrated custom repository.
1. Install apache2, the Apache HTTP server metapackage.
2. Install libapache2-mod-php5, the server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (Apache 2 module).
3. Install php5, the server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (metapackage).
4. Install mysql-server, the MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version).
5. Install php5-mysql, the MySQL module for php5.
6. Install mysql-query-browser, the official GUI tool to query the MySQL database.
7. Add the root password for localhost (127.0.0.1) using the mysql-query-browser tool.
8. Test apache2 by opening in a browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox) the address http://localhost
9. Create a HTML test page; open the Terminal and run the command sudo gedit /var/www/ test.html
10. Add some content to the HTML test page and open it in the browser using the address http://localhost/test.html
11. Create a PHP test page; open the Terminal and run the command sudo gedit /var/www/ test.php
12. Add the phpinfo(); command to the PHP test page and open it in the browser using the address http://localhost/test.php
13. Install php-db, the PHP Pear database abstraction layer.
14. Install php-mdb2, the PHP Pear module to provide a common API for supported RDBMS.
15. Install php-http, the PHP Pear module for HTTP related stuff.
16. Install php-pear, the Pear - PHP extension and application repository.
This video tutorial presents the editing of PDF files and the conversion of the PDF files in text files on Linux Mint.
1. Use PDFedit to manipulate the PDF documents: rotate the pages, insert text and geometric shapes, extract the text, etc.
2. Use Okular to convert a PDF file to a text file.
This video tutorial presents the insertion, deletion and rotation of pages and the extraction of images from a PDF file on Linux Mint.
1. Use PDF-Shuffler to insert pages and to delete pages from PDF files.
2. Use PDFsam to split and merge the PDF files.
3. Use PDF Mod to reorder, rotate, and remove pages, export images from a PDF document, edit the title, subject, author, and keywords, and combine documents via drag and drop.
This video tutorial is about the creation of the PDF files on Linux Mint.
1. Use LibreOffice Writer or OpenOffice.org Writer to create PDF files from text documents.
2. Use Shutter to create PDF files from image files.
3. Use Scribus to create PDF files from text documents and image files.
4. Use CUPS-PDF virtual printer to create PDF files from any application that includes the printing functionality.
Find out which is the best Linux distribution for YOU using the Linux Distribution Chooser.
Learn how to use a multi boot live USB created with MultiSystem.
How to Create a MultiBoot USB Flash Drive from Linux Mint? Use MultiSystem, an awesome tool created by LiveUSB.info.
It works similar to the Windows based MultiBootISOs USB creator, but was created for use within Linux. It also uses Grub2 instead of Grub Legacy, and can be run from within Linux Mint to create a Custom Multiboot USB flash drive containing your favorite Bootable Live Linux Distributions.
XBOOT is yet another neat little Multiboot ISO USB Creator, a Windows based application that can be used to create a Live Multiboot USB or even a Multiboot ISO file that can then be burnt to a CD/DVD. XBOOT supports many Linux Distributions and Utilities, and allows you to use your choice of a Grub or Syslinux bootloader. Also included is a built in QEMU emulator (enabling you to boot an ISO from within Windows).
To get the animated desktop background read a mini how-to on how to set / put an animated background wallpaper with a video, mpg, avi, gif, flash, etc using xwinwrap mplayer and gnash.
There is a script that can be used with Shantz XWinWrap.
You can put your videos and screensavers as desktop background easily with only a single right click on the video or on the screensaver!
Just visit Gnome Look and download this file (the instructions can be found in the RAR archive file).
Tested with some videos and it works well with all my icons on the desktop.
Lyrics | Killing Me Inside lyrics - Forever lyrics
Use recordMyDesktop, a desktop session recorder that attemps to be easy to use, yet also effective at it's primary task. The program is separated in two parts; a simple command line tool that performs the basic tasks of capturing and encoding and an interface that exposes the program functionality in a usable way. Also, you can use XVidCap, a small tool to capture things going on on an X-Windows display to either individual frames or an MPEG video.
Use Screenr to create instant screencasts: just click record. Screenr’s web-based screen recorder makes it a breeze to create and share your screencasts around the web. You can also use Screencast-O-Matic, the original online screen recorder for one-click recording from your browser, with no install, for FREE!
Use Kdenlive, a free and open-source video editor for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD. This software is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including most recent video technologies.
Keep your favorite Extensions synced with all your computers with Siphon - Add-on Synchronizer. Discover more of the best add-ons and organize your favorites in easy-to-manage collections. Subscribe to see how the collections you admire grow, and fans follow when you manage and update your own collections.
Music by Greendjohn - "Brave Story" from Album "Loophole".This music is licensed by its author under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0).
Use Jamendo, the Number 1 platform for free music to find free and legal downloads for private use; you can purchase a license for commercial purposes. There are more than 40,000 albums by independent artists.
Use Videoporama to create cool video slideshows from your pictures on Linux Mint.
Use this at your own risk, as the Unity 2D Team PPA contains daily builds. Copy the following commands in the Terminal:
To remove Unity 2D:
Screenr’s web-based screen recorder makes it a breeze to create and share your screencasts around the web.Just click the record button, capture your screen & voice, and share the link. Some people even call it fun!
Livestream is the most powerful online video broadcast solution available.
In just minutes you can create broadcasts as polished as any multi-million dollar traditional television network — with full capability to easily broadcast Live, 24/7 Linear, and On-Demand content — absolutely FREE.
The performance test:
Linux Mint features faster booting, less memory usage, smaller install size, broader hardware compatibility out of the box.
Windows 7 is better at synthetic benchmarks, faster at the transfer of large files, and suspend/resume works well.
Linux Mint relies on user feedback to make decisions and orient its development.
The official blog often features discussions where users are asked to voice their opinion about the latest features or decisions implemented for upcoming releases. Ideas can be submitted, commented and rated by users via the Linux Mint Community Website.
10 months ago
11 months ago